Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Poor Girl's Peppermint Mocha



Wow...it's starting to look like I'm only posting for the holidays! Not my original intent, but I'll try to make up for it with this creamy, steamy holiday drink recipe!

After dinner tonight, I was just craving a hot mocha. Currently, my espresso maker is refusing to steam milk. Nothing in town is open past eight. My solution was not speedy, nor by any means modern, but it was fun and resulted in two different, delicious after-dinner coffees.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 cups strongly brewed coffee
1 3/4 cups milk
4 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
1 tiny, tiny drop of mint extract

How To:
Brew the coffee. Pour milk into small saucepan and place on medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wire whisk. When milk is warm, froth with a wire whisk.



Continue frothing until milk foam doubles in size. It might look a little like this:



Pour desired amount of coffee (I used about two espresso shot sizes per mug) into mugs. Pour milk from saucepan on the coffee in the mugs. For additional aesthetic drama in your cup, use a spatula to hold back the foam as you pour. Add the chocolate syrup and drop of mint extract. Stir each mug well. Top with remaining milk foam and drizzle with chocolate syrup!



Delizioso! Not exactly Starbucks, but just as creamy and sweet! (and craving worthy!)



Have fun with this recipe by switching up your mix-ins! My hubby loved his plain mocha, but you could also add cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg, vanilla extract, or any flavored coffee syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment