Monday, February 13, 2012

Funfetti Valentine Cake with Fudge Frosting



 For my favorite Valentine -- Funfetti cake with chocolate frosting is his favorite!




For the cake recipe, click here!

I've had the Fudge Frosting recipe for a while, but honestly don't remember where it came from! In my recipe files, I actually titled it "Perfect Chocolate Frosting" with a sub-heading that reads: Finally, a gorgeous, delicious frosting simple enough for me! If I had to guess, I'd say it probably came from my 1950 Betty Crocker Cookbook. You seriously can't go wrong with her cake and frosting section.

Ingredients:

2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (or cocoa powder equivalent)
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. hot water

Melt chocolate and butter on stove in a saucepan on medium heat.



Once combined and melted, take off heat. Stir in powdered sugar and hot water. Voila! Ready to frost!




I decorated with bright red, round sprinkles and a dusting of powdered sugar. My Valentine actually helped me decorate, which made it extra fun!






Perfect!

Now...to round up the scissors, glue, Sharpies and scrapbooking paper...


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment