Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hope, Eternal.



Hope springs eternal, right? I've been thinking a lot lately about that phrase. Until recently though, it seems that the only way I can wrap my mind around it is if I say it backwards: Spring hopes eternal. From the stresses of everyday life and the frozen mornings of winter, the possibility of hope springing eternal seemed ridiculous.

Finally, I have fresh flowers from my own yard adorning the kitchen and a couple windows cracked open. Things that a few months ago seemed impossible. Would never, ever happen. Even now, it is hard to believe that someday we'll be home. And that someday later, we will truly be Home.

This has been, by far, the worst winter of my life. Winter and coldness in every manner. In human terms, the coming of spring indeed signifies hope. Spring hopes eternal. But today, through springtime, God gently reminded me that with Him, hope does spring eternal. Even in our deepest winters.

So on any particularly wintry-feeling day, may I look back on this post and remember that with Christ, hope springs eternal. Glory to Him from whom True Hope springs eternally, in every single season.



Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment