Monday, July 7, 2014

Gluten Free Chicken Taco Salad



During a long struggle with gluten intolerance during my pregnancy, I became painfully aware of how difficult eating gluten free can be. It's amazing how many things gluten sneaks into! At first, I had a hard time learning to love what I could eat instead of missing what I couldn't.

After finally getting comfortable with those realities, I enjoyed getting creative and making big lists of all the gluten free foods I loved eating.

Here's an EASY lunch option I made last week that is naturally gluten free and delicious!

Gluten Free Taco Salad


Ingredients:

2 handfuls of white corn tortilla chips
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. margarine or butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp. salsa
1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup re-fried beans or black beans
1/2 an avocado, chopped into bite-sized pieces

Instructions:

Trim the fat off of the chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook on medium-high heat until all chicken is cooked through. Salt and pepper as desired!

Lay the chips across your plate. Top (in any order desired, but here's mine...) with re-fried beans or black beans, chicken, cheese, salsa, shredded spinach and avocado.

So easy and versatile! Every ingredient is naturally gluten free, which is why I love this recipe. No worries and fuss-free.




If you're new to living gluten free, take heart. Life can be stress-free, enjoyable and delicious again! Keep researching, experimenting (safely!) with your food, and learn what both you and your body love!



Enjoy with life!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment