Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My 30 Day Clutter Challenge Journey: Post #2

Okay, so I've been WAY slacking on my end of posting my de-cluttering journey!

However, I'm happy to announce that I haven't been slacking on actually decluttering! :)


This last week I have tackled a few things:


  • The food storage container cupboard (what a mess!)
  • My cookbook cupboard (amiss with all things NOT cookbook related)
  • The kitchen junk drawer
  • Yard and Outdoor Toys
  • My closet!! ( a big accomplishment for me )
  • Completed another toy rotation for kids

Here are my photos! 


Food Container Storage

Only a few items wouldn't fit, so they're to the side of this large one on bottom. 


Cookbook Cupboard

This is now it's "normal" state. Cookbooks, extra party napkins and cups (see Elmo?) and our emergency flashlight.

This week it also happens to be the secret hiding place for all things going in the Easter baskets!

Toy Rotation


Currently out: dress up box, play cash register, plastic puppy toys, soccer ball, and not pictured, baby doll and her clothes. :)




The junk drawer, deconstructed.

Birthday candles, tools, and Keurig machine accessories.

This is what it looks like now.
Closet


Ahh, the big one: the closet. I wanted to fit our hamper actually IN our closet, so this is what it looks like now. I donated a bunch of clothes that don't fit, sent several to the basement to be mended, and put away all the winter clothes for next year. :)
Here's how I organize my shoes! It's a drinking glass box that housed all drinking glasses while we moved! I LOVE it. 

Outdoor and Yard Toys

Yard and Outdoor Toys in Storage
:) Contained, and safe from rain and wind.






























So that's where we are right now with decluttering! 

I found this amazingly cute idea on Pinterest -- my linen closet should be in my next post regarding my 30 Day Decluttering Journey!





Can't wait!



<3 Happy Spring {cleaning optional}.

No comments:

Post a Comment