Monday, April 2, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Pizza


Since we've been married, my husband and I have grown to love Jiffy's Pizza Dough Mix. It's the easiest thing to throw together, and makes homemade pizza a lot less stressful! Basically, it's the best thing since sliced pizza. Here's a recipe I've been toying with for a few days. Enjoy with life!

Ingredients:


1 package of Jimmy Pizza Dough Mix
4 small, frozen chicken tenderloins
1/3 c. Cheesy Ragu Alfredo Sauce
1/3 c. flour
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
Enough Olive Oil to brush the crust with
Assorted Italian spices (I used dried basil, garlic salt, and an Italian blend)

How To:

Thaw the chicken in the microwave (usually 4 minutes on power 60 works). Slice it into penny-sized pieces and cook in a skillet on medium heat until cooked through. I added some Italian seasonings to the chicken as well. :)



While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pizza dough as directed on the box. I added about 1 tsp. of garlic salt, 1 tsp. of dried basil, and 1/2 tsp. of the Italian blend seasoning to the dough. I used a baking stone, and floured it well before pressing the dough onto it. Adding 1 Tbsp. of flour to the dough mixture can also aid in pressing out the dough onto the stone.



Brush it with olive oil, and bake it for 5 minutes. While that's baking, chop up your veggies. I used green peppers and green onions, but last week I used cooked spinach leaves -- be creative! I bet baby tomatoes would be a fantastic addition to this dish!


When five minutes are up, take the crust back out of the oven, and start assembling your pizza! Liberally spread the Alfredo sauce on top. I layered with cheese, veggies, chicken, and top again with cheese and veggies.




Bake for 11 minutes. The cheese should just be starting to turn golden. :)


Beautiful, isn't it?



Perfect with fresh greens or fruit!

Enjoy with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment