Sunday, April 1, 2012

Frozen Smoothie Mixes



Summer must be calling my name already...I'm already blending frozen drinks in our house! This afternoon it was iced coffee. Later this evening, I put these together on a whim -- mostly to make healthier breakfasts a little easier!

I know you can buy these fairly inexpensively at a grocery store, but I love knowing exactly what goes in my smoothies. (Not to mention using fresh fruit!)

Here's my short list of ingredients/materials:

2 large Ziplock bags
2 large oranges
2 bananas
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup flavored yogurt (I used peach)
1/2 cup any fruit juice (I used blendz Blueberry Pomegranate)

To put together:

Chop the fruit.
I basically halved the ingredients on the above list and split them between the two bags to make two smoothie mixes. (So, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1/2 c. berries, 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/4 c. juice per bag.)



I quartered the oranges, and squeezed out the juice from the peels into the bag as well.


The banana slices don't have to be tiny, just small-ish chunks.



I had pre-frozen some strawberries last night, but just thawed them for a short while so I could chop them up.


Put all the fruit in the bag, and add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup juice.


All set! Just put the whole frozen chunk in the blender in the morning for icy, smoothie perfection!


*Edit: My blender didn't want to blend the frozen mix very well, but that could just be my blender. If it doesn't work for you, just try placing the smoothie mixes in the fridge for safe keeping! :)

Enjoy with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment