Friday, April 24, 2015

Promises


Today I'm inspired by:


  • the rainy, misty, lush-green weather (Thank you, Lord!!)
  • open windows
  • bright colors
  • coffee
  • books. books. books.
These things today make the place where I am sitting and working holy.




My humble dining room view.

The Lord is in the sticky, misty air filtering through the window screens and wilting every paper item in the room. I see Him in the color popping off the kids' artwork, strewn about every surface.  He is there in the stack of library selections, some previously enjoyed, some awaiting to be experienced. His undeniable presence permeates the kids' giggles, spilling out from one room to the next. And He is here, in the steam rising from my coffee cup, promising new life, one moment at a time.



If I trust Him, and take hold of His promises, who knows what inspiration He will provide? It's even more exciting to think about than the caffeine in my cup on this rainy morning. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment