Friday, June 5, 2015

Chocolate and Roses . . . in June



Here's my favorite foodie Friday post -- featuring the flora of my backyard and . . . chocolate cake!





My mom asked if I could blog about my flowers, and though I'm not nearly the green thumb gardener she is, I do love caring for and watching my yard burst into bloom!

This is the first year my roses have bloomed since we've lived here -- two full years.

I couldn't wait for their debut, and now that they're here, I can't help but fill the house with them!


Our garden has also been graced with a giant purple Crane's Bill plant, two enormous "Magic Carpet" Spirea bushes and many white double Shasta daisies! (The daisies are my favorite.)




All the roses in bloom put me in a romantic mood, so I decided on a whim last night to make a romantic chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting and macerated strawberries.

Good idea? Probably not.

Delicious? Oh yes. :)

Something fun and romantic to share with hubby after Bundle went to sleep? Definitely!


 After baking . . .
Post-drizzle . . .



And after drenching with macerated strawberries and sugar!



Enjoy with life. Recipes to come! <3







No comments:

Post a Comment