Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back to Blogging

Oh. My. Goodness.  !  It has been a while, blogging world!

Between school ending, summer starting, camp counseling, and moving, our lives have been, well, just a little insane. I have dearly missed my baking/blogging adventures, though.

I recently learned that I am gluten intolerant. I won't lie, when I first found out, disappointment was an understatement. Images of pancakes, cookies, French toast, and pasta pranced around my mind, taunting me. After some serious research, though, I realized that there really is way more I CAN eat than what I can't.

I found a great website with ideas for naturally gluten-free eating:

http://www.glutenista.com/gluten-free-snack-ideas.html

Seriously, it's a great resource if you're new at this like me!


My awesome brother came to visit us last weekend, and brought me some gluten free pizza/bread dough. I made one pizza and one loaf of bread with it, and I am still finishing what's left of the bread. After three rain-soaked days at our church's VBS camp, I was really feeling comfort food today. One of my top favorites is French Toast. Easy, delicious, put whatever you want on top, perfect. The bread I made last weekend was ideal. In fact, I'm eating it as we speak I type!


Another naturally gluten-free snack idea I tried last week (admittedly from Pinterest) topping banana slices in peanut butter, coating them in chocolate, and freezing them. Amazing! Here's where I found the recipe.


Anyway, not much of a baking-related post today, but maybe once I get some specialty flours, I'll get that going again!


Enjoy life this fabulous Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment