Thursday, July 19, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites


Lately, Baby Y has been soaking up all my energy! My doctor says that eating small amounts protein-rich foods throughout the day can really help. I've seen these on Pinterest and decided to give them a shot.

I did make a few changes. I don't usually have flaxseed or coconut flakes on hand, so I substituted with 1/2 a cup of gluten free rice crispies and 1/2 a cup more of oats. Also, the honey I had didn't quite make it to 1/3 cup, so I used light Karo syrup for the rest. Since Karo Syrup has vanilla in it, I eliminated the vanilla altogether.

Here's my recipe! :)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. gluten free rice crispies
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. Karo syrup

Mix together well and chill for an hour. Roll into 1 1/2 in. balls and enjoy! Make sure you refrigerate to store.




Again, if you want to check out the original recipe by Smashed Peas and Carrots, here it is!

Enjoy with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment